GlusterFS 3.5.9 is available, would it be the last 3.5 release?
Niels de Vos
ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Apr 13 10:45:08 UTC 2016
I've just posted the release notes for 3.5.9 to my blog, it will get
sync'd to http://planet.gluster.org in a few minutes too:
The blog posts contain clickable versions of the links, they get lost in
this text-only email, sorry.
There has been a delay in announcing the most recent 3.5 release, I'm
sorry about that! Packages for most distributions are available by now,
either from the standard distribution repositories (NetBSD) or from
We are working hard to release the next major version of Gluster. The
roadmap for Gluster 3.8 is getting more complete every day. There is
still some work to do though. A reminder for all users of the 3.5 stable
series; when GlusterFS 3.8 is released, the 3.5 version will become
unmaintained. We do our best to maintain three versions of Gluster, with
the 3.8 release it will be 3.8, 3.7 and 3.6. Users still running version
3.5 are highly encouraged to start planning their upgrade process.
If there are no critical problems reported against the 3.5 version,
and no patches get sent, 3.5.9 might well be the last 3.5 release.
Release Notes for GlusterFS 3.5.9
This is a bugfix release. The Release Notes for 3.5.0, 3.5.1, 3.5.2,
3.5.3, 3.5.4, 3.5.5, 3.5.6, 3.5.7 and 3.5.8 contain a listing of all the
new features that were added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.5 stable
* 1313968: Request for XML output ignored when stdin is not a tty
* 1315559: SEEK_HOLE and SEEK_DATA should return EINVAL when protocol support is missing
* The following configuration changes are necessary for 'qemu' and
'samba vfs plugin' integration with libgfapi to work seamlessly:
1. gluster volume set <volname> server.allow-insecure on
2. restarting the volume is necessary
gluster volume stop <volname>
gluster volume start <volname>
3. Edit /etc/glusterfs/glusterd.vol to contain this line:
option rpc-auth-allow-insecure on
4. restarting glusterd is necessary
service glusterd restart
More details are also documented in the Gluster Wiki on the Libgfapi with qemu libvirt page.
* For Block Device translator based volumes open-behind translator
at the client side needs to be disabled.
gluster volume set <volname> performance.open-behind disabled
* libgfapi clients calling glfs_fini before a successful glfs_init
will cause the client to hang as reported here. The workaround is
NOT to call glfs_fini for error cases encountered before a
successful glfs_init. This is being tracked in Bug 1134050 for
glusterfs-3.5 and Bug 1093594 for mainline.
* If the /var/run/gluster directory does not exist enabling quota
will likely fail (Bug 1117888).
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Announce