[Social-media] Blog on "Elasticsearch with Gluster Block Storage"

Prasanna Kalever pkalever at redhat.com
Mon Nov 21 11:30:05 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 4:45 PM, Amye Scavarda <amye at redhat.com> wrote:
> No, I think I'm looking for a little more depth:
> All we need to perform this POC is 2 nodes with fedora 24 installed, and
> each having ~50G disk space. < -- what about building this out with 4 or
> possibly even 8 nodes to show complexity?

Yeah!

Story time,
the Intention behind writing this blog actually seed in one of our
"container strategy call". May be you might have known about this, as
of today there are bugs (metadata corruption) in deploying
Elasticsearch with gluster as persistent storage. And this is not
something really new, we are seeing this since a year or more to be
frank.

Our blog is just to prove (at least to the internal members) that
gluster block store can actually address this use case right from its
initial release.

May be once we have the initial first release, we can enhance all our
blogs w.r.t block storage with better scale as you pointed it rightly.

--
Prasanna