[gluster-packaging] [Gluster-Maintainers] Requesting for an early 5.6 release

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Mon Apr 8 14:04:30 UTC 2019

On 4/6/19 1:47 AM, Poornima Gurusiddaiah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We had a critical bug [1], that got introduced in gluster release 5.
> There are users waiting on an update with the fix. Hence requesting for
> an out of band release for 5.6. Myself and jiffin, volunteer to do some
> tasks of the release- tagging(?) testing. But would need help with the
> builds and other tasks.

Tagging and building a tarball needs rights on the release branch, also
it takes about 10 minutes to do, hence I can take care of the same.

Packaging is still done by just 2 folks, so added the packaging list to
this mail, to understand if they need any assistance and their time
constraints.

Post packaging, we test if the RPMS are fine, and upgrade from an older
version. I use containers to test the same as detailed here [1]. Helping
out with this step can be useful, and I will assume till I hear
otherwise that you would taking care of the same for this minor release.

Other activities include,
- prepare release notes
- Upload release notes to the doc site
- Announce the release
- Close bugs fixed in the release post the announcement

Again, something I can take care of, and should take about 30 minutes
overall.

Shyam

[1] Package testing: https://hackmd.io/-yC3Ol68SwaRWr8bzaL8pw#