[gluster-packaging] [Gluster-Maintainers] Release 4.0: RC0 build tomorrow (at risk)

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Tue Jan 30 20:23:28 UTC 2018

Hi Packaging team,

Preparation for RC0 is ongoing, I am waiting on scores for this patch
[1] (removing experimental code from the release branch) to go through,
and the following items to be resolved before tagging RC0.

Devel/maintainers,

1) https://review.gluster.org/#/c/18785/ needs a backport, which I have
done [3] @niels/@jiffin please vote on the backport so that I know we
are ready for this feature in 4.0.

2) https://review.gluster.org/#/c/19223/ (protocol: utilize the version
4 xdr)

We need this for RC0, as this brings about the major protocol change in
the code, and sooner we have this in a build that we can test the better.

At present I do not have cycles to look at the failure here, @amar let
us know the status tomorrow, based on which we can take a call on RC0
being tomorrow or postponed a day or two.

Other exceptions noted [2] are either in or is too late to get in at the
moment, and hence are out of scope for 4.0.

Shyam

[1] Patch removing experimental code: https://review.gluster.org/#/c/19389/

[2] 4.0 exceptions awaited:
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-January/054315.html