[gluster-packaging] volunteers for packaging 3.6.

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Mon Sep 21 15:46:30 UTC 2015

Hi,

In theory 3.6.6 should be released soon — today or tomorrow?

Many hands make light work.

Once Raghu does the release, several things need to happen.

1. Create .../3.6/3.6.6 directory on download.gluster.org, copy
glusterfs-3.6.6.tar.gz there, create a SHA256SUM file, and create
various subdirs — e.g. Fedora, EPEL.repo, Debian, Ubuntu. Create CentOS
and RHEL symlinks to EPEL.repo.

2. Initiate scratch builds in koji of 3.6.6 for Fedora and EPEL for F21,
F23, F24, el5, el6, epel7.

3. Do a real build for F22 including update

4. Copy scratch builds to .../3.6/3.6.6/Fedora/... (See Humble for the
HOWTO)

5. Build .debs and deploy — see the recipe emails that I've sent to
-packaging list. Let's break this into several tasks:
5.1 Debian 7 Wheezy
5.2 Debian 8 Jessie
5.3 Debian 9 Stretch
5.4 Ubuntu 12.10 LTS Precise
5.5 Ubuntu 14.10 LTS Trusty
5.6 Ubuntu 15.4 Vivid

Debian .debs copied to .../3.6/3.6.6/Debian. Ubuntu to Launchpad.

Someone like Niels or I will do the real build for F22. If everyone will
pick one task from the above list and put their name next it to at

   https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-3.6.6-release

that would be great.

If you're unsure about how to do something, sign up anyway, and we can
go through it together on IRC.

Thanks,

--

Kaleb