[Gluster-Maintainers] Is the bugs at gluster.org bugzilla account active?

sankarshan sankarshan at kadalu.io
Mon Feb 10 11:47:26 UTC 2020

On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 at 15:36, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 07:25:03AM +0530, sankarshan wrote:
> > The default assignee is bugs at gluster.org. I do not often see this
> > correctly reassigned to an actual maintainer/developer. Is that
> > account active and receives emails?
>
> This is the mailinglist where all developers working on components for
> Gluster should have a filter on the bugzilla headers and triage them.
> The current procedure was chosen to prevent single-point of contacts for
> a component, and multiple developers (maintainers and peers from the
> MAINTAINERS file) are expected to be subscribed to the list.

> - https://github.com/gluster/glusterdocs/blob/master/docs/Developer-guide/Bugzilla%20Notifications.md
> - https://github.com/gluster/glusterdocs/blob/master/docs/Contributors-Guide/Bug-report-Life-Cycle.md
>
> If this is not followed as expected, component maintainers and peers may
> need some refreshing on the procedures. Or we need to adjust the
> documentation to a workflow that works better.

As far as I can tell one cannot set NEEDINFO on that account (or, it
might just be that my account on Red Hat's bugzilla instance lacks
that privilege) . Which is a compounded issue when the actual set of
developers working on the component do not reassign the reported bug
to an individual. I understand the point about decentralization - but
at the end of the day, the bugs are mostly to be addressed by an
actual human. Not a mailing list alias account.

--
sankarshan at kadalu.io | TZ: UTC+0530
kadalu.io : Making it easy to provision storage in k8s!