[Gluster-Maintainers] Time to review the MAINTAINERS file

Amar Tumballi amarts at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 09:24:53 UTC 2019

Hello,

It is been 28 months since we last committed our major changes to
MAINTAINERS file. Lot of waters have flown in all the rivers since then.
New people joined, and some people left to find more interesting projects
from Gluster Project.

In my opinion, we surely should be having a practice of reviewing our
maintainer list for successful progress of project. It should reflect the
recent active contributors in the list, and ideally (if you compare to any
other active projects), we should be reviewing the list *every year*. But 2
years is not a bad thing considering the time we took to change things for
v2.0 (from v1.0).

I am attaching the proposed patch (can be broken into different patches per
component if one wants). I am planning to send this to review next week
with everyone of the maintainers (everyone whose name shifts places). But I
thought letting the Maintainers know about this through email first is a
good idea.

Feel free to agree, disagree or ignore. Please make sure you have reasons
why some changes are not valid. Please open the patch, where I have tried
to capture details too.

Would be great if we close on this soon. I say lets time box it to 15 days,
for everyone to raise objections, if any. After which, it would get merged
(15 days from the date of submission of patch).

Regards,
Amar