[Gluster-Maintainers] Announcing Gluster release 7
rkothiya at redhat.com
Wed Nov 13 07:07:20 UTC 2019
The Gluster community is pleased to announce the release of 7.0, our latest
This is a major release that includes a range of code improvements and
stability fixes along with a few features as noted below. A selection of
the key features and bugs addressed are documented in this  page.
1. Releases that receive maintenance updates post release 7, 6 and 5 
2. Release 7 will receive maintenance updates around the 20th of every
month for the first 3 months post release (i.e Dec'19, Jan'20, Feb'20).
Post the initial 3 months, it will receive maintenance updates every 2
months till EOL. 
A series of features/xlators have been deprecated in release 7 as follows,
for upgrade procedures from volumes that use these features to release 7
refer to the release 7 upgrade guide .
*Highlights of this release are:*
Several stability fixes addressing,
coverity, clang-scan, address sanitizer and valgrind reported issues
removal of unused and hence, deprecated code and features.
1. Rpcbind not required in glusterd.service when gnfs isn't built.
2. Latency based read child to improve read workload latency in a cluster,
especially in a cloud setup. Also provides a load balancing with the
outstanding pending request.
3. Glusterfind: integrate with gfid2path, to improve performance.
4. Issue #532: Work towards implementing global thread pooling has started
5. This release includes extra coverage for glfs public APIs in our
regression tests, so we don't break anything.
We have come across Centos-6 packaging issues, we have decided to mark it
as a known issue and release 7. This Centos-6 build issue will be fixed
with release 7.1 which is due on Dec 20th.
Bugs addressed are provided towards the end, in the release notes 
*Thank you,Gluster community*
 Release notes:
 Release schedule:
 Gluster release cadence and version changes:
 Upgrade guide to release-7:
 Packages at :
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the maintainers