[Gluster-Maintainers] Various upgrades are Broken

Amar Tumballi Suryanarayan atumball at redhat.com
Mon Mar 4 12:29:32 UTC 2019

Thanks for testing this Hari.

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 5:42 PM Hari Gowtham <hgowtham at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With the patch https://review.gluster.org/#/c/glusterfs/+/21838/ the
> upgrade from 3.12 to 6, 4.1 to 6 and 5 to 6 is broken.
>
> The above patch is available in release 6 and has been back-ported to 4.1
> and 5.
> Though there isn't any release made with this patch on 4.1 and 5, if
> made there are a number of scenarios that will fail. Few are mentioned
> below:

Considering there is no release with this patch in, lets not consider
backporting at all.

> 3.12 to 4.1 with patch
> 3.12 to 5 with patch
> 4.1 to 4.1 with patch
> 4.1 to any higher versions with patch.
> 5 to 5 or higher version with patch.
>
> The fix is being worked on. Until then, its a request to stop making
> releases to avoid more complication.

Also, we can revert this patch in release-6 right away, as this fix is
supposed to help AFR configs with gNFS. Ravi, you know more history about
the patch, any thing more we should be considering?

--
Amar Tumballi (amarts)