[Gluster-Maintainers] BZ updates

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Apr 24 07:44:58 UTC 2019

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 08:44:10AM +0530, Nithya Balachandran wrote:
> All,
>
> When working on a bug, please ensure that you update the BZ with any
> relevant information as well as the RCA. I have seen several BZs in the
> past which report crashes, however they do not have a bt or RCA captured.
> Having this information in the BZ makes it much easier to see if a newly
> reported issue has already been fixed.
>
> I propose that maintainers merge patches only if the BZs are updated with
> required information. It will take some time to make this a habit but it
> will pay off in the end.

Great point! I really hope that most of the contributors know that
debugging steps in bugs are extremely valuable. When documented in a
bug, similar issues can be analyzed with the same techniques. As a
reminder for this, I'm proposing this addition to the Maintainer
Guidelines:

   https://github.com/gluster/glusterdocs/pull/471
   - Ensure the related Bug or GitHub Issue has sufficient details about the
     cause of the problem, or description of the introduction for the change.

I'd appreciate it when someone can approve and merge that. Of course,
suggestions for rephrasing are welcome too.

Niels