[Gluster-Maintainers] [gluster-packaging] glusterfs-3.12.14 released

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Sep 13 14:41:45 UTC 2018

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 10:28:16AM -0400, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
> On 09/13/2018 10:10 AM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> > Anyone that can provide me with an ansible playbook, or even scripts
> > that need to run on server and client systems is strongly encouraged to
> > share them. We can then include them in the CentOS CI where client and
> > server systems can get reserved with different CentOS releases.
> >
> > At the moment I do not have any automation to easily run tests locally.
> > I will rather invest time in setting up jobs in a real CI.
>
> This [1] is what I do, and have been posting the link (almost) every
> time I test this. This does use docker and containers, because that
> gives me a clean environment quickly, but steps would remain the same.
>
> Does this help?

Yes, it helps and I've seen these steps several times before too :)
The general steps can be used for setting up an environment, but ideally
the tests do not run in manually created containers as that is
(hopefully!) not what users do either. Testing the RPMs should be done
on systems that mimic real world deployments as close as possible.

The main thing that I would like to see included in the test is a script
that takes care of

    *** run some creates and tests as needed!

We do have a few automated container builds as well. Users that need
containers are expected to use those. I do not think we have any
automated (or manual) testing in place for these though :-/