[Gluster-Maintainers] [Gluster-devel] Release 5: Release calendar and status updates

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Tue Sep 11 01:40:06 UTC 2018

On 08/22/2018 02:03 PM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
> On 08/14/2018 02:28 PM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
>> 2) Branching date: (Monday) Aug-20-2018 (~40 days before GA tagging)
>
> We are postponing branching to 2nd week of September (10th), as the
> entire effort in this release has been around stability and fixing
> issues across the board.

This is delayed for the following reasons,
- Stability of mux regressions
  There have been a few cores last week and we at least need an analysis
of the same before branching. Mohit, Atin and myself have looked at the
same and will post a broader update later today or tomorrow.

NOTE: Branching is not being withheld for the above, as we would
backport the required fixes, and post branching there is work to do in
terms of cleaning up the branch (gfapi, versions etc.) that takes some time.

- Not having the Gluster 5.0 found in version in bugzilla
This issue has been resolved with the bugzilla team today, so it is no
longer a blocker.

(read on as I still need information for some of the asks below)

> Thus, we are expecting no net new features from hereon till branching,
> and features that are already a part of the code base and its details
> are as below.

<snip>

@Kaushal or GD2 contributors, ping!

@Du ping!