[Gluster-Maintainers] Bug state change proposal based on the conversation on bz 1630368

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 14:57:04 UTC 2018

On 11/5/18 9:43 AM, Yaniv Kaul wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 4:28 PM Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com
> <mailto:ndevos at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Mon, Nov 05, 2018 at 05:31:26PM +0530, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
>     > hi,
>     >     When we create a bz on master and clone it to the next
>     release(In my
>     > case it was release-5.0), after that release happens can we close
>     the bz on
>     > master with CLOSED NEXTRELEASE?
>

> Since no one is going to verify it (right now, but I'm hopeful this will
> change in the future!), no point in keeping it open.
> You could keep it open and move it along the process, and then close it
> properly when you release the next release.
> It's kinda pointless if no one's going to do anything with it between
> MODIFIED to CLOSED.
> I mean - assuming you move it to ON_QA - who's going to do the verification?
>
> In oVirt, QE actually verifies upstream bugs, so there is value. They
> are also all appear in the release notes, with their status and so on.
> Y.

We keep talking about QE testing upstream ahead of the rebase for the
$NEXT release. Occasionally we get a week or perhaps two weeks of QE
testing upstream.

And then the rebase happens; as soon as they start testing the
downstream new downstream all the upstream testing gets dropped on the
floor.

AFAIK we have never achieved a complete round of testing any upstream
and there is no active testing of upstream except in the short windows
between downstream releases.

--

Kaleb