[Gluster-Maintainers] Bug state change proposal based on the conversation on bz 1630368

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 14:43:54 UTC 2018

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 4:28 PM Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 05, 2018 at 05:31:26PM +0530, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
> > hi,
> >     When we create a bz on master and clone it to the next release(In my
> > case it was release-5.0), after that release happens can we close the bz
> on
> > master with CLOSED NEXTRELEASE?

Since no one is going to verify it (right now, but I'm hopeful this will
change in the future!), no point in keeping it open.
You could keep it open and move it along the process, and then close it
properly when you release the next release.
It's kinda pointless if no one's going to do anything with it between
MODIFIED to CLOSED.
I mean - assuming you move it to ON_QA - who's going to do the verification?

In oVirt, QE actually verifies upstream bugs, so there is value. They are
also all appear in the release notes, with their status and so on.
Y.