[Gluster-Maintainers] Meeting date: 07/09/2018 (July 09th, 2018), 18:30 IST, 13:00 UTC, 09:00 EDT

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Mon Jul 9 07:30:01 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jul 09, 2018 at 08:30:44AM +0530, Amar Tumballi wrote:
> ---
> BJ Link
>    - Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/217609845
>    - Download:
> <https://hackmd.io/yTC-un5XT6KUB9V37LG6OQ?both#Attendance>Attendance

I wont be able to attend todays meeting due to conflicting meetings.

>    Python3 migration:
>    - Some confusion existed about Py2 support in RHEL etc. Should we bother?
>          - [Amar] For upstream, focusing on just 1 version is good, and
>          confusion less. Downstream projects can decide for themselves
> about how to
>          handle the project, when they ship it.

Maybe we need to decide which distributions/versions we want to offer to
our users? Many run on CentOS-7 and there is no reasonable way to
include Python3 there. I assume other commonly used stable distributions
(Debian, Ubuntu?) are also lacking Python3.

>    Failing regression:
>    -
>       tests/bug/core/bug-1432542-mpx-restart-crash.t
>       - consistently failing now. Need to address ASAP. Even if it takes
>          disabling it.
>          - It is an important feature, but not default in the project yet,
>          hence should it be blocking all the 10-15 patches now?

IMHO disabling a test may be done, but we need a strong commitment that
someone is looking into fixing the problem within the next X days.
Ideally the test stays enabled, and the patchs exposing the race
condition (my assumtion) gets reverted. Disabling a test may obviously
introduce more problems that need correcting after merging more 'not
fully tested changes'.


More information about the maintainers mailing list