[Gluster-Maintainers] [Gluster-devel] Release 4.0: Release notes (please read and contribute)

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Mon Jan 29 22:10:17 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have posted an initial draft version of the release notes here [1].

I would like to *suggest* the following contributors to help improve and
finish the release notes by 06th Feb, 2017. As you read this mail, if
you feel you cannot contribute, do let us know, so that we can find the
appropriate contributors for the same.

NOTE: Please use the release tracker to post patches that modify the
release notes, the bug ID is *1539842* (see [2]).

1) Aravinda/Kotresh: Geo-replication section in the release notes

2) Kaushal/Aravinda/ppai: GD2 section in the release notes

3) Du/Poornima/Pranith: Performance section in the release notes

4) Amar: monitoring section in the release notes

Following are individual call outs for certain features:

1) "Ability to force permissions while creating files/directories on a
volume" - Niels

2) "Replace MD5 usage to enable FIPS support" - Ravi, Amar

3) "Dentry fop serializer xlator on brick stack" - Du

4) "Add option to disable nftw() based deletes when purging the landfill
directory" - Amar

5) "Enhancements for directory listing in readdirp" - Nithya

6) "xlators should not provide init(), fini() and others directly, but
have class_methods" - Amar

7) "New on-wire protocol (XDR) needed to support iattx and cleaner
dictionary structure" - Amar

8) "The protocol xlators should prevent sending binary values in a dict
over the networks" - Amar

9) "Translator to handle 'global' options" - Amar

Thanks,
Shyam

[1] github link to draft release notes:
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/release-4.0/doc/release-notes/4.0.0.md

[2] Initial gerrit patch for the release notes:
https://review.gluster.org/#/c/19370/