[Gluster-Maintainers] [Gluster-devel] Master branch lock down: RCA for tests (./tests/bugs/distribute/bug-1042725.t)

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Mon Aug 13 17:54:20 UTC 2018

On 08/12/2018 08:42 PM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
> As a means of keeping the focus going and squashing the remaining tests
> that were failing sporadically, request each test/component owner to,
>
> - respond to this mail changing the subject (testname.t) to the test
> name that they are responding to (adding more than one in case they have
> the same RCA)
> - with the current RCA and status of the same
>
> List of tests and current owners as per the spreadsheet that we were
> tracking are:
>
> ./tests/bugs/distribute/bug-1042725.t		Shyam

The test above failed to even start glusterd (the first line of the
test) properly when it failed. On inspection it was noted that the
previous test ./tests/bugs/core/multiplex-limit-issue-151.t had not
completed succesfully and also had an different cleanup pattern
(trapping cleanup as an TERM exit, and not invoking it outright).

The test ./tests/bugs/core/multiplex-limit-issue-151.t was cleaned up to
perform cleanup as appropriate, and no further errors in the test
./tests/bugs/distribute/bug-1042725.t have been seen since then.

Shyam