[Gluster-Maintainers] Fwd: Re: [Gluster-users] Announcing GlusterFS release 3.12.0 (Long Term Maintenance)

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Fri Sep 8 17:24:55 UTC 2017

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 5:36 AM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 06, 2017 at 09:15:03AM -0400, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
> > I would like to better understand why CentOS packages do not hit the SIG on
> > time (defined as from RPMs built -> tested -> to announcement made, which is
> > about 4 days this time around).
> >
> > What is blocking this? What can change? What do we need to do as the gluster
> > community to make this happen?
>
> The CentOS team has been requested to sync the packages marked for
> release to the mirrors. This is mostly done on Mondays for new
> repositories. I guess there has been a delay because last Monday was a
> holiday in the US.
>
> As soon as the packages are mirrored, I'll request the CentOS Extras
> maintainer to include the centos-release-gluster312 package [1] in the
> CentOS Extras repository as well. Once that is done, an announcment will
> be sent to the CentOS users (similar to [2]).
>
> > What question am I not asking?
>
> Not sure, it always takes 1-2 weeks before the new releases are on the
> CentOS mirrors. Maybe we should be clearer in setting expectations?
>
> HTH,
> Niels
>

> 1. http://cbs.centos.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=6530
> 2. https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2017-March/022337.html

It's my understanding that the release process is documented over in
the Storage SIG wiki.
https://wiki.centos.org/SIGGuide/Content/Release

Here's the bug confirming that they're added to the mirrors:
https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=13769  -- it's marked as confirmed
as of 2017-09-05 20:24

http://cbs.centos.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=6530 shows that the
builds are not yet tested.
What I can't see from here is if they're in a place to be tagged with
a release tag, so is that our next step to getting this out?

 Thanks!
- amye

--
Amye Scavarda | amye at redhat.com | Gluster Community Lead