[Gluster-Maintainers] Procedure for marking unmaintained releases really EOL

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Fri Mar 17 19:43:59 UTC 2017

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 7:01 AM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:

> Every time a release goes End-Of-Life, we have to do several thing, and
> my impression is that we forget about (some) of them. I'm not sure if
> this is a complete list either...
>
>  - update https://www.gluster.org/community/release-schedule/
>  - send an email to the announce list reminding users of the EOL
>  - close bugs reported against the EOL version with a note
>  - block the version in Bugzilla for new bugs
>  - abandon the posted patches in Gerrit
>  - prevent patches from being posted on the old branches
>
> At the moment, at least the last two items are not done yet for 3.7 and
> 3.9. This suggests we need a checklist documenting the process and tasks
> for marking a version EOL.
>
> Who is willing to look into this?
>
> Thanks,
> Niels

Niels,
I've added more to the Release process guidelines for major releases.
I've added the things that I do, like where things get updated on the
website.

Feel free to put additional details in here.
https://github.com/gluster/glusterdocs/blob/master/Contributors-Guide/GlusterFS-Release-process.md

-- amye

--
Amye Scavarda | amye at redhat.com | Gluster Community Lead