[Gluster-Maintainers] Procedure for marking unmaintained releases really EOL
Niels de Vos
ndevos at redhat.com
Sun Mar 12 14:01:56 UTC 2017
Every time a release goes End-Of-Life, we have to do several thing, and
my impression is that we forget about (some) of them. I'm not sure if
this is a complete list either...
- update https://www.gluster.org/community/release-schedule/
- send an email to the announce list reminding users of the EOL
- close bugs reported against the EOL version with a note
- block the version in Bugzilla for new bugs
- abandon the posted patches in Gerrit
- prevent patches from being posted on the old branches
At the moment, at least the last two items are not done yet for 3.7 and
3.9. This suggests we need a checklist documenting the process and tasks
for marking a version EOL.
Who is willing to look into this?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the maintainers