[Gluster-Maintainers] Release 3.12: Status of features (Require responses!)

Amar Tumballi atumball at redhat.com
Tue Jul 25 06:56:17 UTC 2017

> Further changes:
>   - No new milestone assigned, IOW not moved to 4.0 by default, hence
> contributors working on these features would need to rekindle conversations
> on including the same in 4.0 on the ML or on the issue itself.

I would like us to push the changes for 'tiering' which Hari was working on
as an experimental enhancements (They seem to be feature enhancements in
glusterd to enable extra options for add-brick and remove-brick). Mainly
because with glusterfs 4.0 we will have glusterd2, and all those efforts
would be gone. By the looks of it, most of the patches are not causing any
regression failures at least.

I would recommend to mark them experimental features of 3.12 branch.

Any feedback? Left to release branch maintainers I guess.

-Amar

> Issue List:
> - [RFE] Syslog alert when Geo-rep worker is faulty for a configurable time
>   https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/226
>
> - [RFE] Geo-rep: Sync metadata operations as part of sync itself
> (rsync/tar-ssh)
>   https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/222
>
> - Provide support for clearing translator specific inode contex /
> forgetting inode (for supportability)
>   - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/249
>
> - [RFE]: ctime generator xlator
>   - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/208
>
> -  Introduce force option for Snapshot Restore
>   - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/62
>
> - rpc-clnt reconnect timer
>   - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/152
>
> - bug: read-only xlator doesn't implement fallocate
>   - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/187
>
> - Fix or eliminate synctasks
>   - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/144
>
> Thanking in advance for all the responses, so help cleanup and chase the
> right reviews and features for the release.
>
> Shyam & Jiffin
>
> [1] Review focus: https://review.gluster.org/#/q
> /starredby:srangana%2540redhat.com

Amar Tumballi (amarts)