[Gluster-Maintainers] Release 3.12: Status of features (Require responses!)

Amar Tumballi atumball at redhat.com
Sun Jul 23 17:01:40 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 1:36 AM, Shyam <srangana at redhat.com> wrote:

> - posix: provide option to handle 'statfs()' properly when more than 1
> brick is exported from 1 node
>   - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/241
>   - @amarts patch is still awaiting reviews, should this be tracked as an
> exception?
>
> Please consider it as an required bug fix. (This needn't have a release
note mention in features, but needs a mention in bugs section).

Also if I get the feature completed /reviewed this week in master, can we
get in fuse subdir mount  [11] patches backported? This will be by default
not available, and hence shouldn't be an issue IMO. More on it is discussed
in mailing-list [12]

> - Provide support for clearing translator specific inode contex /
> forgetting inode (for supportability)
>   - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/249
>
> Push out to 4.0

> - rpc-clnt reconnect timer
>   - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/152
>
> Can be pushed to 4.0

> - bug: read-only xlator doesn't implement fallocate
>   - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/187
>
> Can we treat it as bug and take in a backport sometime before RC1?

Thanking in advance for all the responses, so help cleanup and chase the
> right reviews and features for the release.
>
> Shyam & Jiffin

Thanks for all the great work in summarising the tasks.

[11] - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/175
[12] -
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-July/053359.html

--