[Gluster-Maintainers] Merge rights for release branches

Shyam srangana at redhat.com
Tue Jan 10 12:01:18 UTC 2017

On 01/10/2017 05:10 PM, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY wrote:
> On 01/10/2017 06:25 AM, Shyam wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Tomorrow's maintainers meeting is on the topic of "Maintainer
>> Guidelines", I do not want to derail that discussion, so sending this
>> mail ahead of time, to see if there is consensus or if we need to take 5
>> minutes on this tomorrow.
>>
>> Q; Who has merge rights on release branches?
>
> I had the impression that feature owners merged patches on the various
> branches — after the release anyway.

Ah! got a quick education on this from Kaushal as well. So consider this
a request to change the same to, "only release owners merge patches to
the release branch".

If I am not mistaken in my newly gained insight, the shift was during
3.8. Niels was it a time consuming task them or were there other reasons
for the shift?