[Gluster-Maintainers] Gerrit for Maintainers

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Thu Aug 24 12:18:55 UTC 2017

On 08/24/2017 03:15 AM, Nigel Babu wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> As a maintainer, you may not have time to look at all the review
> requests to determine which ones touch your component. There are certain
> Gerrit features that will help solve this problem.
>
> It is useful to watch projects so you can receive notifications. You can
> configure your settings so you get an email if change has modified files
> in certain folders or even down to a particular file.
>
> You can also setup custom dashboards that are linked from Gerrit when
> you login. This is useful if you need to visit a particular link on
> Gerrit frequently.
>
> I've distilled the instructions down to this wiki page:
> https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/wiki/Gerrit-for-Maintainers
> <https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/wiki/Gerrit-for-Maintainers>

Test drive complete, and things work well, thanks Nigel.

Want to echo Amar's statement that as maintainers using such a dashboard
can go a long way to making sure we are keeping cleaner backlog lanes
across components.

I would like to take (hijack) this opportunity to remind of other
dashboards that we already have (thanks to Nigel) here [1] for release
related backlog queues.

Also, as release nears feature freeze the gerrit query to focus on the
features awaiting reviews. (this is usually [2] unless others have
better ideas on creating a dashboard for the same). This one is again
key and is in focus for about 1-3 weeks during a release, and would be
immensely helpful if maintainers keep a watch on this through the
release announcements.

[1] Release backlog queue:
https://review.gluster.org/#/admin/projects/glusterfs,dashboards
[2] Usual close to feature freeze release focus queue:
https://review.gluster.org/#/q/starredby:srangana%2540redhat.com