[Gluster-Maintainers] [gluster-packaging] glusterfs-3.10.5 released

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Mon Aug 14 10:56:52 UTC 2017

On 08/12/2017 11:56 AM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 12:49:14PM +0000, Gluster Build System wrote:
>>

>> SRC: http://bits.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/src/glusterfs-3.10.5.tar.gz
>>
>> This release is made off v3.10.5
>
> Packages for the CentOS Storage SIG are available for testing. Please
> let me know when someone tried them (even minor checks are sufficient)
> so that I can mark them for releasing to the CentOS mirrors.
>
>    # yum install centos-release-gluster310
>    # yum --enablerepo=centos-gluster310-test install \
>        glusterfs-server-3.10.5-1.el7
>

> I never received any feedback for the 3.10.4 packages, and have now
> tagged them for release (fingers crossed!). Once the CentOS team does a
> new sync run, the 3.10.4 packages will be available on the mirrors.

@Neils is there any testing of the package done by you? I am asking as
(like last time) there is no real owner for package testing other than
the package maintainers. As a result I do not expect anyone in the
maintainers list to respond, unless we make this an activity for someone
to own up.

At present package maintainers seem to be the right people to state if
the packages are built fine, but if that is not possible then we need to
discuss this in the upcoming maintainers meeting and take an action.