[Gluster-Maintainers] port allocation change for 3.8, needs release-notes update

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Sep 7 21:43:11 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 07, 2016 at 10:31:24PM +0530, Atin Mukherjee wrote:
> On Wednesday 7 September 2016, Pranith Kumar Karampuri <pkarampu at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Just wondering, is it going to be something more than the aggregation of
> > BZ descriptions? Do you think it is better to callout just some BZs which
> > are user facing compared to the normal aggregation?
> >

> IMHO, I don't think users go through all the individual BZs mentioned in
> the release note, so having a seperate section in highlighting any major
> change w.r.t usability/performance should be explicitly mentioned.

Indeed, I do not expect users to read all bugs. The bugs are listed to
show the improvements we do, and hopefully help in convincing users to
update. Anything that is really user visible, like new options for
volumes, change in behaviour or major performance benefits should be
called out specifically.

Thanks,
Niels