[Gluster-Maintainers] [Gluster-devel] Please pause merging patches to 3.9 waiting for just one patch

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Thu Nov 10 21:52:29 UTC 2016

On 11/10/2016 04:12 PM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> The packages from the CentOS Storage SIG will by default provide the
>> latest LTM release. The STM release is provided in addition, and needs
>> an extra step to enable.
>>
>> I am not sure how we can handle this in other distributions (or also
>> with the packages on d.g.o.).
>
> Maybe we should not flip the LATEST for non-RPM distributions in
> d.g.o? or should we introduce LTM/LATEST and encourage users to change
> their repository files to point to this?

I like having LATEST and LTM symlinks, but---

Did we decide that after 3.8 the next LTM release will be 3.10? (Or 4.0
whenever that lands?) And an LTM release is maintained for 12 or 18 months?

If so there probably will be two active LTM releases, assuming we can
ship the next releases on time.

We should have LTM-3.8 and eventually LTM-3.10 symlinks then. Or are
there other ideas?

> Packaging in distributions would be handled by package maintainers and
> I presume they can decide the appropriateness of a release for
> packaging?

Indeed. Well, that's the status quo, and beyond our control in any event.

--

Kaleb