[Gluster-Maintainers] Moving Jenkins week of March 28

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Mar 29 19:53:39 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 12:17:30PM -0400, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> On 03/29/2016 11:57 AM, Amye Scavarda wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >Just checking back on this. We're looking to move this on March 31st,
> >this Thursday.
> >I'll let Michael set the exact times for this, but it'll be an 8 hour window.
> >No releases will be able to occur at this time.
> >
> >Objections?
> >-amye
> >
> >On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 12:55 PM, Amye Scavarda <amye at redhat.com> wrote:
> >>Hi all,
> >>We're looking to finally move jenkins off iweb and into Red Hat
> >>datacenters during the week of March 28th.
> >>Misc estimates a maintenance window of around 8 hours, and we'll need
> >>to halt any releases during this time.
> >>I didn't see any of the release maintainers on the community call
> >>today, otherwise I'd have brought this up there.
> >>
> >>Any objections? We'll also need assistance to test + verify that
> >>everything's in place.
> >>

> I am okay with that if we can defer 3.7.10 by a week or so. I am quite tied
> up this week to find cycles for managing 3.7.10. If anybody is interested in
> picking up release management for 3.7.10, I will be happy to assist too.

I really would not like to see a delay with the release again. We own
our users some stability in our schedule so that their expectations are
at least met on occasion. Unfortunately I do not have time to jump in on
this tomorrow :-/

It would be most welcome if one of the other maintainers can do the
release tomorrow or latest Thursday.

Thanks,
Niels