[Gluster-Maintainers] Running DiSTAF in the CentOS CI (WAS: Re: Glusterfs-3.7.13 release plans)

M S Vishwanath Bhat msvbhat at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 14:28:01 UTC 2016

On 30 June 2016 at 14:59, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 02:09:25PM +0530, Nigel Babu wrote:
>
> .. snip
>
> > > In order to make Gluster more stable, and prevent problems like this
> > > again, we really need to work on automating test cases. I hope all
> > > maintainers are thinking about how they want to test the components
> they
> > > are responsible for. For example, I'm planning to run the upstream QEMU
> > > tests against our nightly builds (libgfapi), and similar for the
> > > connectathon tests (Gluster/NFS). At one point it should be possible to
> > > wrap these in DiSTAF, but the DiSTAF job in the CentOS CI is not ready
> > > yet.
>
> .. snip
>
> > What needs to happen for DiSTAF job on Centos CI? I'm pushing hard to
> get more
> > DiSTAF tests upstream. I can help solve the pipeline/infra issues
> related to
> > this.
>
> The job is not functional yet, an attempt was made to add it:
>
>   https://ci.centos.org/view/Gluster/job/gluster_nightly_distaf/
>
> https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests/tree/master/centos-ci/distaf_nightly
>
> I'm not sure what is blocking progress. Kaushal and MS (who recently
> switched to a different job) were planning to set it up.

TBH it wasn't made to run because there wasn't any tests there. There was
only one test which was very trivial, so there was not value add really.
But since we have more tests coming in now (over last weekend), we can try
and set it up now.

I am happy to continue from where I left off about the distaf Centos CI. I
will start working on this tomorrow evening through the weekend and update
you guys on Monday.

Also, to run distaf CentOS CI, we need to install gluster and setup the
backend xfs bricks (these two things are not taken care by distaf) before
starting the distaf run. I had thought making use of gdeploy for this
purpose. If you guys have any better solutions, please let me know.

PS: My ssh keys have changed, so I might need some help uploading the new
set of keys, If I can't find my old ssh keys.

Best Regards,
Vishwanath

HTH,