[Gluster-Maintainers] Running DiSTAF in the CentOS CI (WAS: Re: Glusterfs-3.7.13 release plans)

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Jun 30 09:29:25 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 02:09:25PM +0530, Nigel Babu wrote:

.. snip

> > In order to make Gluster more stable, and prevent problems like this
> > again, we really need to work on automating test cases. I hope all
> > maintainers are thinking about how they want to test the components they
> > are responsible for. For example, I'm planning to run the upstream QEMU
> > tests against our nightly builds (libgfapi), and similar for the
> > connectathon tests (Gluster/NFS). At one point it should be possible to
> > wrap these in DiSTAF, but the DiSTAF job in the CentOS CI is not ready
> > yet.

.. snip

> What needs to happen for DiSTAF job on Centos CI? I'm pushing hard to get more
> DiSTAF tests upstream. I can help solve the pipeline/infra issues related to
> this.

The job is not functional yet, an attempt was made to add it:

  https://ci.centos.org/view/Gluster/job/gluster_nightly_distaf/
  https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests/tree/master/centos-ci/distaf_nightly

I'm not sure what is blocking progress. Kaushal and MS (who recently
switched to a different job) were planning to set it up.

HTH,
Niels