[Gluster-Maintainers] Maintainers acks needed for 3.7.12

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 14:07:02 UTC 2016

Hi all,

If anyone doesn't know about it yet, the release process for a release
has changed. Refer to the mail thread [1] for more information.

tl;dr, component maintainers need to now provide an acknowledgement
that their component is ready to the release manager, for the manager
to make the release. The maintainers are expected to test their
components and make sure that it is not obviously broken. In the
future, we expect to make this testing automated, which will require
maintainers to provide these tests (using DiSTAF).

Vijay, who's managing 3.7.12, sent out a call for acks [2], which
hasn't recieved any acks apart from the Atin for GlusterD. It is
possible that most of you missed this as it was part of another
thread.

I'm starting this thread as the official call for acks, so that it is
more visible to all developers. I cc'd component maintainers (from
MAINTAINERS) to make sure no one misses this.

Use the tag v3.7.12rc1 to verify your components and provide your acks
by replying to this thread.

Thanks,
Kaushal

[1] https://www.gluster.org/pipermail/maintainers/2016-April/000679.html