[Gluster-Maintainers] Release scheduling and lifecycle of versions

Kaleb Keithley kkeithle at redhat.com
Wed Jun 15 03:02:12 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

I'm certainly not an authority, but Ubuntu.com (versus Canonical.com) says that even "regular releases" are _supported_ for nine months.

Versus the LTS releases, which are also _supported_, for five years.

It's reasonably clear to me that when Ubuntu.com says its releases are _supported_, they're talking about there being a steady stream of bug fixes and updates over the life of the release. And if someone wants real support – like the kind that Red Hat sells for RHEL and RHGS – they'd need to write a cheque to Canonical.

But we don't need to guess, we can just ask our resident legal counsel, who will tell us if there are any implications to calling our planned long life cycle release of Community GlusterFS an "LTS release."

Off hand I wouldn't expect there to be, but––

Richard (and Ric) what, if any, implications are there? Should we pick a different name?

--

Kaleb