[Gluster-Maintainers] New Defects reported by Coverity Scan for gluster/glusterfs

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Fri Jul 22 01:43:09 UTC 2016

On 07/21/2016 10:43 AM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 09:20:12AM -0400, Vijay Bellur wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 3:16 AM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
>>> Vijay, I've fwd'd the original report. Could you add this list on the
>>> receipients of the run?
>>>

>> gluster-devel is already configured to receive the coverity scan
>> report. Do we need this report on maintainers also?
>
> I'm not sure... It is mostly a maintainers task to make sure these
> things get addressed. We have a lot of "coverity backlog", so maybe it
> is goot to highlight the newly cought issues and get some more
> assistance. However, the email ONLY shows the new issues, not the 1000+
> existing ones.

Existing ones need to be addressed as part of maintainers' backlogs IMO.
If any maintainer is not on coverity scan, please raise a request
through [1] to be able to view the backlog.

> Also, I did see the email in my inbox, but it was not yet in the folder
> for the list. Maybe the emails get send out in batches, or there was
> some other delay?

I am not very certain of the order in which the results get sent.
Probably it sends out to administrators first and then -devel.

-Vijay

[1] https://scan.coverity.com/projects/gluster-glusterfs/