[Gluster-Maintainers] Warnings while building on 32-bit architectures

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Sat Jul 16 15:05:55 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 02:50:59PM +0200, Niels de Vos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with one of the latest regular tests, we are checking for warnings while
> building on 32-bit (Intel) systems. The logs that are inspected are the
> ones from the master branch for the nightly builds on EPEL-6:
>   http://artifacts.ci.centos.org/gluster/nightly/master/6/i386/build.log
>
> For now, only warnings related to size_t and ssize_t are reported and
> emailed to this list. Once we have reduced more warnings from the above
> linke log, we can add more checks to this script:
>   https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests/blob/master/centos-ci/gluster_strfmt/run-test.sh
>
> I'd like to see other maintainers send some fixes for their components,
> so that we improve the correctness on different architectures. Note that
> for many of these warnints, typecasting is NOT the correct approach for
> fixes.

http://review.gluster.org/14934 addresses the warnings in the worm
xlator:

    worm-helper.c: In function 'gf_worm_serialize_state':
    worm-helper.c:219: warning: format '%ld' expects type 'long int', but argument 4 has type 'uint64_t'
    worm-helper.c:219: warning: format '%ld' expects type 'long int', but argument 5 has type 'uint64_t'

Niels