[Gluster-Maintainers] Warnings while building on 32-bit architectures

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Sat Jul 16 12:50:59 UTC 2016

Hi,

with one of the latest regular tests, we are checking for warnings while
building on 32-bit (Intel) systems. The logs that are inspected are the
ones from the master branch for the nightly builds on EPEL-6:
  http://artifacts.ci.centos.org/gluster/nightly/master/6/i386/build.log

For now, only warnings related to size_t and ssize_t are reported and
emailed to this list. Once we have reduced more warnings from the above
linke log, we can add more checks to this script:
  https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests/blob/master/centos-ci/gluster_strfmt/run-test.sh

I'd like to see other maintainers send some fixes for their components,
so that we improve the correctness on different architectures. Note that
for many of these warnints, typecasting is NOT the correct approach for
fixes.

Thanks,
Niels