[Gluster-Maintainers] inclusion of multi-threaded self-heal feature in 3.7.12

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Tue Apr 12 09:41:44 UTC 2016

>> Give me a list of things that need to be done for building confidence for
>> inclusion of this patch and I will get it done.
>> At the moment like I said it already underwent more than a month of testing
>> and I feel it is stable. I also as a maintainer really want to keep the
>> promise to the users that 3.7. branch is stable and with good performance.
> It would be a good start if you can point to the testing that was, and
> the results. I hope that there are DiSTAF testcases that we can include
> too. Is there an easy way so that we can run all the healing test-cases
> with the current self-heal and with multi-threaded self-heal with
> different number of threads?

That makes sense. I will get a blog post which addresses questions like
what this change brings in? how to use the feature? When it should be
used? etc. With that I will keep the backports ready. I will also get
the blog-post done by end of this week. Will update you guys. I think
Paul had a nice graph with all numbers, will try to incorporate that
into the blog-post as well.

Pranith