[Gluster-Maintainers] inclusion of multi-threaded self-heal feature in 3.7.12

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Mon Apr 11 16:28:24 UTC 2016

On 04/11/2016 08:02 AM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 05:00:22PM +0530, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
>> hi,
>>          I am thinking of getting multi-threaded self-heal patch in 3.7.12
>> release as it is not a big code change, could you let me know if anyone has
>> any issues with this?
>
> Is this safe to use when there is no rpc throttling?

A few more questions:

1. What is the impact on stability due to this patch?

2. What scenarios would we want this feature to be turned on? Basically
an admin guide update about these scenarios would be useful.

3. What kind of tests have been done with this feature?

4. Are there tests that we want to cover but have not been able to
complete for this feature?

Thanks,
Vijay