[Gluster-Maintainers] Community Transparency [Was: Responsibilities and expectations of our maintainers]

Krishnan Parthasarathi kparthas at redhat.com
Wed Jun 24 04:39:39 UTC 2015

> Currently, we need more attention to the way of working, in and with,
> the community and see how to increase the outreach of all the work we
> are doing, else we may induce estrangement in this space.

Yes. We could improve our engagement during design proposals. Oftentimes, there
is an announcement style mail and then the commit.

We should improve the way we target features for a release. We must adopt a
merge-window style of development (e.g linux-kernel). Jeff had some thoughts around
this. Time shouldn't be an excuse for hurrying up features into a release.
More importantly, maintainers must be empowered to say _no_, when design/code
submissions don't adhere to set expectations. Thoughts?