[Gluster-Maintainers] Community Transparency [Was: Responsibilities and expectations of our maintainers]

Dan Lambright dlambrig at redhat.com
Tue Jun 23 14:35:51 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

Can some of these items be automated?

> > 2. Sending a report at some frequency (weekly/bi-weekly) about
> > non-measurable aspects like happenings in our components, what we intend
> > doing in the near to mid term etc. This could also be a good way to get
> > more contributors to work on the immense backlog that all of us have and
> > also help explain to the broader community about why we are doing
> > something.

A template describing the report contents would be useful. If a single person
could take on the responsibility of reminding us to create these reports, and
ensure they are sent and edited properly, that would also be good. This would
be a "maintainer liaison" to the community.

Joseph is in contact with a group of engineers at universities who may be
interested in taking on gluster work, with a likely arrangement for them
to receive college credit, if anyone is interested in this.