[GEDI] [RFC v5 025/126] scripts: add coccinelle script to use auto propagated errp

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Mon Oct 14 14:00:19 UTC 2019

On 10/14/19 3:19 AM, Vladimir Sementsov-Ogievskiy wrote:

>>> +|
>>> +-    error_propagate(errp, local_err);
>>> +)
>>> +     ...>
>>> + }
>>> +
>>
>> It looks like once this script is run, error_propagate_prepend() will have no clients.
>
> No, it still have a bit, when working with error_copy, and/or moving errors from/to structures.

No public clients. So can we turn it into a static function only used by
error.c?

>> Is there a non-generated cleanup patch that removes it (and once it is removed, it can also be removed from the .cocci script as no further clients will reappear later)?
>
> Maybe.

Basically, if we can get error_propagate out of error.h, that's a good
sign.  But it's not a show-stopper if we can't do it for some legitimate
reason (such a reason might include that the definition of the
ERRP_AUTO_PROPAGATE macro is easier to write if error_propagate remains
in the .h), so we'll just have to see what is possible.

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3226