[GEDI] Planning for integration projects in GitHub

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Jun 6 10:07:50 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 06, 2017 at 03:07:05PM +0530, Saravanakumar Arumugam wrote:

> On Sunday 04 June 2017 07:05 PM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> > We have a new GitHub repository and project management area for tracking
> > progress on integration tasks that are external of the GlusterFS
> > sources:
> >      https://github.com/gluster/integration/issues
> >      https://github.com/gluster/integration/projects
> >
> > The aim is to show more of the integration work that is being done, and
> > track feature requests and related tasks. Currently the different tasks
> > are in a Trello board at https://trello.com/b/B2WC95T2/gedi . The GitHub
> > project should make it more accessible for contributions and comments
> > from different communities that have an interest in Gluster
> > integrations.
> >
> > All tasks will need to be reported as a GitHub issue. It is possible for
> > different integration projects to have their own management planning. As
> > a start, I have created a 'Language Bindings' project to see how things
> > can get listed.
> >
> > Note that some projects that are part of "integration" have their own
> > GitHub repository (like GlusterFS itself, gluster-block). Those projects
> > might require the planning to happen at their respective areas. We'll
> > have to figure out how to reference/link these tasks from one to
> > another. Hopefully it is easier than doing this between GitHub and
> > Trello.
> >
> > There currently is no content under the integration git repository.
> > Until there is a new website for the Gluster Community, we can probably
> > use the repository to work out some contents of different projects and
> > how they integrate with Gluster. This idea/request for the new website
> > was earlier sent to the list:
> >    http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/integration/2017-May/000025.html
> >
> > Whoever wants to work on a project that can use some planning area for
> > keeping track of tasks an progress, please reply to this email with your
> > GitHub username and we'll make sure to give you access. Let us know what
> > you are actively working on so that we can add that to some document on
> > the new website.
>
> My github username: SaravanaStorageNetwork
>
> Project: gluster-s3

You should have an invite in your email, once you have accepted you
should be able to create new GitHub issues [0] and triage them by adding
them to the "Gluster S3" project [2]. I've created the "To Do", "In
Progress" and "Done" lanes, but feel free to rename/delete/add whatever
you think makes sense.

Thanks!
Niels

1. https://github.com/gluster/integration/issues