[heketi-devel] Migrate Data to New Gluster

Raghavendra Talur rtalur at redhat.com
Tue Jul 21 21:18:14 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 3:54 AM Adrian Flynn
<adrian.flynn at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Hi
>

> Is there an easy way to migrate data from one gluster to another and maintain the pod-pvc relationship?
>

> I have K8S
>
> Plus
>

> Single Gluster Node (not in k8s)
>
> Storage class; volumetype: Distributed
>

> Pods have pvcs and data on this gluster node.
>

> I have a new 2 node gluster and will use  volumetype: replicated:2
>

> I want to move the pvcs to the new gluster.   I do not think this is possible without a lot of manual file copying, pvc deletion,  pvc creation,  storage class changes.
>

> Anyone done this and have a working work flow?

Heketi does not provide any command/feature to help with such
migration tasks. There are tools like velero[1] that might be helpful
in your case but people who subscribe to this mailing list are
probably not the best to review workflow for such tools.

[1] https://velero.io/

Thanks,
Raghavendra Talur