[heketi-devel] Heketi v9.0.0 available for download

John Mulligan phlogistonjohn at asynchrono.us
Thu Apr 11 12:51:39 UTC 2019

On Monday, April 8, 2019 8:07:11 AM EDT Niels de Vos wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 08, 2019 at 01:37:49PM +0200, Niels de Vos wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 05, 2019 at 03:30:29PM -0400, John Mulligan wrote:
> > > Heketi v9.0.0 is now available [1].
> > >
> > > This is the new stable version of Heketi.
> > >
> > > Major additions in this release:
> > > * Limit volumes per Gluster cluster
> > > * Prevent server from starting if db has unknown dbattributes
> > > * Support a default admin mode option
> > > * Add an option to enable strict zone checking on volume creation
> > > * Add automatic pending operation clean-up functionality
> > > * Configurable device formatting parameters
> > > * Add consistency check feature and state examiner debugging tools
> > > * The faulty and non-functional "db delete-pending-entries" command has
> > > been removed
> > >
> > > This release contains numerous stability and bug fixes. A more detailed
> > > changelog is available at the release page [1].
> > >

> > > -- John M. on behalf of the Heketi team
> > >

> > > [1] https://github.com/heketi/heketi/releases/tag/v9.0.0
> >
> > I've tried to build this version as an update for Fedora, but running
> > 'make check' failed on ppc64le. Could it be that there is a race in the
> > tests?
> >
> > From https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/7572/34047572/
build.log :
> >     === RUN   TestBackgroundOperationCleanerWithTracking
> >     --- FAIL: TestBackgroundOperationCleanerWithTracking (0.64s)
> >
> >         assert.go:44:
> >     ASSERT:	func
> >     (github.com/heketi/heketi/apps/glusterfs.TestBackgroundOperationClean
> >     erWithTracking.func4) 0x111bcf1b>
> >     	File
> >     	/builddir/build/BUILD/heketi-9.0.0/src/github.com/heketi/heketi/apps
> >     	/glusterfs/operations_cleanup_test.go:952
> >
> >     	Info: [expected len(l) == 0, got: 1]
> >
> > I'll run the build a 2nd time, just to check if the same failure happens
> > again.
>
> The 2nd time it worked fine for all arches, except armv7hl this time.
> Same failed test case.
>
> Niels

Yes, I think the test is flaky as similar to the one reported here: https://
github.com/heketi/heketi/issues/1468

It succeeds enough that our CI doesn't fail on it often so, unfortunately, no
one has spent much time improving it yet. Feel free to disable these tests as
needed to get past that step in the build.