[heketi-devel] Should 'heketi-cli device add ...' wipe devices?

Jose A. Rivera jarrpa at redhat.com
Tue May 15 18:55:32 UTC 2018

Since I last write in this thread, I had an interesting conversation
with Dustin Black about an issue he ran into. He hit an edge case
where he was creating LVM partitions, wiping the drives, then
recreating the same partitions, and the LVM metadata from the previous
partitions was still there and caused errors with udev. Now this was
rather specific to his case since he was retrying deployments of RHSO
while reusing the previous configuration. His solution ended up being
to write a few MB of zeros at the predicted offset of the partitions
he would be using.

I don't think we'll run into this scenario, but putting this out there
so we have it in our minds in case someone else does. Like, say,
upstream. :)

--Jose