[heketi-devel] Trouble with SSH executor

Jose A. Rivera jarrpa at redhat.com
Sat Aug 26 22:39:05 UTC 2017

Howdy, List!

I'm having some trouble with (I think?) getting the heketi SSH
executor to work from a container in Kubernetes.

For a reference of my environment, I'm running and testing gk-deploy from here:

https://github.com/jarrpa/gluster-kubernetes/tree/jarrpa-dev

I'm using the provided vagrant environment (with some minor storage
modifications) and running the following test files:

tests/complex/test-setup.sh <-- sets up the vagrant environment
tests/complex/test-gk-deploy-ssh.sh <-- runs test-inside-gk-deploy with SSH exec
tests/complex/test-inside-gk-deploy.sh <-- actually runs gk-deploy
with SSH params

When I run gk-deploy, the script has checks to verify that glusterd is
running on the target nodes (check if "gluster volume info" succeeds)
and those succeed. The script then goes along as normal until it tries
to load the topology. At that point the two nodes of my three nodes
experience SSH timeouts but the third one succeeds. Naturally, the
script fails out after that. There seems to be no pattern on which
nodes fail or succeed between iterations of the vagrant environment,
but thus far it seems consistent that only one will succeed.

I've attached the heketi log from the container trying to run the
topology load. I've turned on as much debugging as I could find, but
still didn't see any clues.

Any ideas? :)

Thanks,
--Jose