[heketi-devel] OpenShift Templates: Unnecessary?

Jose A. Rivera jarrpa at redhat.com
Thu Dec 1 00:16:00 UTC 2016

Heyo,

Naturally, as soon as I upload OpenShift support for the gk-deploy
script, I find myself wondering: why do we have templates for heketi
for OpenShift? Specifically, why do we create Template objects instead
of the direct objects (e.g. Service, DeploymentConfig)? Do we have a
need for the ability to recreate heketi pods with different parameters
within the same namespace? We live without them in Kubernetes, and at
present even with Templates the deployment of heketi in OpenShift is
not much easier for a sysadmin if at all.

--Jose

P.S. This all comes as I'm trying to bring a DaemonSet GlusterFS to
OpenShift. ;)