[Gluster-users] Right way to use community Gluster on genuine RHEL?

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 19:12:26 UTC 2022

Keep in mind that even if they do work, once Stream 9 is dead - there will be no more packages from the CentOS Storage SIG.
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 13:30, Ville-Pekka Vainio<ville-pekka.vainio at csc.fi> wrote:
> On 23. Nov 2022, at 1.03, Strahil Nikolov <hunter86_bg at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> To be honest, I have no idea how to answer that.
> Rocky guys do not want to duplicate the work,  as we got GlusterFS in CentOS Stream (see https://forums.rockylinux.org/t/glusterfs-repos-location/6630/7 ) while the CentOS guys confirmed my suspicion -> once Stream is dead, the whole infra will be deleted (see https://www.spinics.net/lists/centos-devel/msg21628.html ) and no more packages will be available.

Thanks for attempting to answer!

The discussions seem to have been mainly around EL8 and we are interested in EL9.
It seems we will need to test CentOS Storage SIG packages against EL9 stable although they have been built against CentOS 9 Stream.
If there are any compatibility issues, we will need to rebuild Gluster from the source RPMs.

Best regards,
Ville-Pekka