[Gluster-users] Changing harddrive

Olaf Buitelaar olaf.buitelaar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 17:41:26 UTC 2022

Hi Stefan,

I think there are 3 routes;
1. you can use the reset-brick command;
https://docs.gluster.org/en/latest/release-notes/3.9.0/#introducing-reset-brick-command
2. copy the files, make sure the gluster processes are stopped before you
start the copy, and make sure to include all included attributes. you could
use rsync like; rsync -aAHXz. Do one host per replacement, and wait for the
heal to complete, before moving to the next.
3. make a file system dump of the hdd's and restore it on your ssd's.

Best regards,

Olaf