[Gluster-users] Right way to use community Gluster on genuine RHEL?

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 05:55:54 UTC 2022

You can built the rpms from source.https://docs.gluster.org/en/main/Developer-guide/Building-GlusterFS/
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Sun, Jul 17, 2022 at 21:59, Péter Károly JUHÁSZ<juhasz.peter.karoly at gmail.com> wrote:   Hi,
I don't know what is the correct way but what I did on my RHEL7 (I assume 8 and 9 is more or less the same):
  * Added this repo http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/storage/x86_64/gluster-9/  * Then yum install glusterfs-server
It works for me.
Regards,Stone

Thomas Cameron <thomas.cameron at camerontech.com> 于 2022年7月16日周六 23:42写道:

All -

Is there a way to install community packages on genuine RHEL? I mean, I
*can* install CentOS 8 I suppose, but I kind of want to play with real
RHEL but with community packages. It seems like I need to install
centos-release-gluster9-1.0-1.el8.noarch.rpm,
centos-release-storage-common-2-2.el8.noarch.rpm, and maybe centos-release?

What is the "correct" way of using gluster on RHEL 8 or, preferably, 9?

Thanks!
Thomas
________

Community Meeting Calendar: