[Gluster-users] Move a volume to a new server

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Mon Jan 17 11:14:45 UTC 2022

Hello all.

I have a Gluster volume that I'd need to move to a different server.
The volume is 4x10TB bricks accessed via FC (different LUNs) on an old
CX3-80.
I have no extra space to create a copy of all the data, so I'd need to
hide the LUNs from the old server and make 'em visible to the new ("move
the disks"), w/o copying data.

Can I just do something like this?
- stop volume
- umount bricks
- copy volume state files to new server (which ones?)
- map LUNs to new server
- mount bricks on new server (maintaining the same path they had on old
server)
- start glusterd on new server
- start volume

Tks!